Come on this full-day tour to discover the religious and spiritual capital of Portugal, in a perfect combination of the Fátima Sanctuary, 3 of the 7 wonders of Portugal, and the world renown surf spot made famous by Garrett McNamara who surfed the biggest ever wave at Nazaré. Start by experiencing and immersing yourself in the mysticism and spirituality of the Sanctuary where, in 1917, Our Lady of Fátima appeared to three young shepherds, Jacinta, Francisco and Lúcia. Today the shrine is one of the most regarded Marian Shrines in the world and one of the biggest destinations for religious tourism worldwide with over 6 million visitors per year.
Let yourself then be taken to the 12th and 14th centuries and discover the Batalha and Alcobaça Monasteries, two of the seven elected wonders of Portugal, riding on to the enchanted and charming medieval village of Óbidos, you’re guaranteed to never forget it, which is why it was also voted as one of Portugal’s wonders. Along the route you’ll also be taken to meet the picturesque fishing village of Nazaré, with its beaches and local hustle and bustle, and witness first-hand the home of the internationally acclaimed biggest wave ever surfed, the Nazaré Canyon.
- Private Tailor-Made Tour
- Private Expert Tour Guide
- Door to Door Transport
- High Comfort Vehicle
- Free Wi-fi Available
- Unlimited Bottled Water
- Surprise Souvenir Gift
- Legally Required Insurance
- Admission Fees to Monuments and Museums
- Fátima Sanctuary, Basilica of the Santíssima Trindade, Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosário, Colonnade, Young Shepherds’ Homes, Apparition Chapel, Local Commerce and Artisan Crafts.
- Batalha Monastery Most grandiose example of gothic architecture, build in 1385;
- Alcobaça Monastery Built in the 12th Century by the 1st King of Portugal; - Nazaré Portugal’s most notorious fishing village, Nazaré Canyon;
- Óbidos Picturesque and wondrous medieval village, famous for its sour cherry liqueur;
OPTIONAL MONUMENTS, SORROUNDING AREAS AND SIGHTS:
Permanent Exhibit “Fátima Luz e Paz” (Fátima Light and Peace)
The Atlantic’s best fresh fish;
Alcobaça’s most famous conventual sweets;
Óbidos’ best known sour cherry liqueur;
|+ 8||Peça-nos orçamento|